In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.
What is the information that we collect?
The personal data that we collect from you includes your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth, gender, race, marital status, citizenship, payment details, purchase history or any information about you which you have provided to us and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by us.
When you provide personal details to register as our customer in This Site, send emails or completed forms provided by us for us to process your requests, you are communicating with us electronically.
We may collect your personal data from the following sources including :
- when filing and completing forms provided to you via online or otherwise;
- when you register at This Site as a user;
- by using this Site;
- by purchasing our products and services from this Site;
- when you follow, like or fan from our Facebook pages;
- and by communicating with us via email or interact with our customer service.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We use and process your personal data for the following purposes, including (” the Purpose “) :
- process your registration, subscription, purchases of our products and services or participation in our events or activities;
- respond to your enquiries and requests for information;
- getting in touch with you through email, SMS, mail and inform you about our promotions, events, new products and services or for marketing purposes;
- maintaining appropriate records for internal administrative purposes.
- validate your purchases and process payments relating to any products or services you have requested;
- understand and analyse our sales as well as your needs and preferences;
- develop, enhance and provide products and services to meet your needs;
- to share your personal information among our holding company, affiliates, subsidiaries, associate companies and jointly controlled entities as well as with its partners, advertisers, event companies or sponsors who may communicate with you to market their products, services, events or promotions; and/or
- for us to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Can I unsubscribe and revoke my consent?
If you wish to unsubscribe to the processing of your personal information by Awesome TV (ATV), please click on the link “Unsubscribe” which is embedded in the relevant email in order not to receive any email in the future.
If you wish to revoke the consent that ATV has obtained from you for the Purposes stipulated herein, please contact our customer service.
Your personal data may be transferred
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia, to our affiliates, subsidiaries, jointly controlled entities or suppliers which are located outside of Malaysia and/or where ATV’s servers are located outside of Malaysia. You understand and consent to the transfer of your personal information out of Malaysia as described herein.
With whom shall your personal data be shared?
Your personal information may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the Purposes. Further, ATV may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on its behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your personal information to such service providers or third parties. The third parties referred to in this Section include (without limitation):
- ATV’s affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion partners and advertisers, which include parties with whom ATV collaborates with for certain events, programmes and activities;
- event management companies and event sponsors;
- marketing research companies;
- Service providers, including, information technology (IT) service providers for infrastructure, software and development work;
- Professional advisors and external auditors, including legal advisors, financial advisors and consultants;
- Governmental authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements.
Your personal information may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding-up.
Cookies and Internet Advertising
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name plus some digits and numbers.
We may sell advertising space to third parties who may deploy cookies to provide relevant advertising and will have different privacy policies. Should you need links to such policies, please feel free to contact [email protected] .
By browsing this Site or using our products and services, you are consenting to the use of the cookies unless you opt-out not to accept the cookies. If you prefer, it is possible to block some or all cookies, or even to delete cookies that have already been set however some online services may not be available or may impact some of the functionality of this Site.
Who shall I contact to update my personal information? How do I limit the collection, use or distribution of my personal information?
If you have any questions regarding this policy, your personal information or wish to exercise your rights regarding personal information, please contact our customer service [email protected] which is available from 10.00am to 10.00pm from Mondays – Sundays (including Public Holidays).
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your personal information, ATV has the right to refuse the your requests to access and/or make any correction to your personal information for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your or another person’s privacy. ATV reserves the right to impose a fee for access of your personal information in the amounts as permitted under law.
Do you collect personal information from minors?
Do I have to obtain consent from a third party when submitting their personal information to you?
Is my personal information safe and secured?
Security measures, including Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology, are in place in order to protect personal information that ATV collects from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss. The said personal information will be stored and backed up securely in an environmentally-controlled location. Only authorised people with user ID and password from ATV have access to the information. All ATV’s employees and data processors, who have access to and are associated with the processing of personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your Awesome TV’s account and profile information.